Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Greetings from the Northwest

Hello from cold, damp, wet, rainy, cloudy, mossy (sometimes hailing & snowing), grey, grey Oregon! I can't believe I forgot how incredibly mossy it is here! Moss on driveways, moss on trees, moss on roofs, moss in the grass, moss, moss, moss! I do love moss actually and miss it so.


I'm here in Portland visiting my sister Gwen, her husband Jeremy, and their new baby Amaya. Amaya will be one month old tomorrow! She's a sweetie (when she isn't hungry or tired or needing to be changed - which seems like all the time!).

Sleeping baby:



Freaking out baby (and aunt, though I wasn't really freaking out):



Swinging baby:



Reading to baby:

3 comments:

Jed Carosaari said...

I'm green with envy. I miss moss too.

Unknown said...

I'm jealous that you're in the Northwest! Enjoy it for me...

B said...

We have moss over in Wisconsin. Usually where the tree cover is so dense grass won't grow.

My backyard is full of moss. I'll mail you some when you start feeling homesick. ;)

I'm glad you can have some time with your sister and her new baby. It's fun to be an aunt.