Monday, June 6, 2011

Lovelies

I have been waiting for ages for my Siberian Irises to bloom. This year the leaves got much bigger than I'd ever seen them and then a couple weeks ago I noticed these purplish bumps that I realized were irises-to-be! They finally started blooming last week. I was thrilled!



Here are a bunch of them in the front rain garden:



The other three types/colors of irises have been blooming too.
Darker purple ones:



The ones that smell just like grape koolaid:



and the yellow ones in the front yard (new this year!)



Here's a shot of the back rain garden looking quite glorious with regular iris, siberian iris, columbine, phlox, and some unknown flowers in bloom - and many more yet to bloom!



Out in front, between the rows of raspberries, are the poppies. One bloomed yesterday. Then a whole bunch more bloomed over night.





This flower has moved back onto the 'unknown' list since the little identifying tag is completely blank! I guess permanent marker can't stand up to a Minnesota winter.



Lastly, another one of my favorites in full bloom now, the wild geranium:

No comments: