Friday, December 26, 2008

Presents!

I kept alluding to how busy I was sewing, so here's what I did! These became gifts for family and friends and I had to wait till now to show it all.

For many years I've made it a tradition to make pajama pants for the guys in the family. There have been some wacky patterns (all in flannel): fish, wolves, cats, snowy cabin scenes, camping scenes, so forth. This year I made the Banana Pants for Jeremy's brother, penguin pants for my sister, and "rock n' roll skulls" pants for my brother-in-law Jeremy (and matching ones for their soon-to-be-born daughter!). I didn't make any for my brother this year because all he'll wear is boring plaid!



Made some pillows...



Some hotpads...





and some tea cozies...



I have been quite busy!!

4 comments:

Meghann said...

wow, you are very talented with your sewing! I've been working on my knitting, but am not quite up to giving gits because the few I did didn't fit! :o)

Aimee said...

Thanks Meghann. Well, I have been practicing for a long time, and you know what they say: practice makes perfect! =) (although - that's not always true - I keep making pie crust and it keeps not turning out!)

Anna Dunford said...

Wow Aimme, I'm very impressed! And your pyjama pattern looks way cooler than the one I have - might see if I can adapt mine at the bottom of the legs =)

I tend to make birthday pressies rather than Christmas ones - that way I get a bit more breathing space between them all and a bit of variety when plodding on with long term quilt projects (why did I think backing a double bed one with polar fleece was a cunning plan when I have to quilt it in the middle of summer???)

Aimee said...

Hmm - that's a cool idea to make birthday presents instead of Christmas ones. There are sure a lot of presents to make all at one time! Then again - I did start making stuff about six months earlier. =)

Yes - even quilting something without polar fleece for a back - I'd rather do it in the winter than the summer! =)