Saturday, January 15, 2011

Presents

Okay, while I was searching around for the snow picture I found the Christmas pictures, so I just had to show-off. Here is most of what I made this year:

Socks


This pair for my nephew, plus a pair each for my sister and brother-in-law (though theirs were in thick grey fleece).

Mittens




No, I do not knit! I bought a couple wool sweaters from the thrift store, cut them up, and made mittens. A fun and very satisfying project to do.

Skirt


For my niece. She loves twirling in skirts or dresses so I whipped this one up for her. I didn't get a picture of it myself, or I would have gotten a close-up of the tiny yellow rick-rack I sewed to the bottom hem. Very cute, if I do say so myself!

Table runner


This was my mom's present. It matches the one I made her for Thanksgiving. Once again, I'm glad it got there in time for the holiday!

Quilt


Jeremy's mom and her partner gave me a box of t-shirts last year after Christmas and asked if I could put them together into a quilt. That was their order for a Christmas gift. So that was one of my big projects toward the end of the year. Not the quilting though. A friend of mine did that on her long arm quilting machine, for which I will always be grateful. She did a beautiful job (if anyone needs recommendations for a quilter, I will pass her name on gladly!).

I also made an awesome set of pot holders for my brother, but also failed to take pictures. Oh well.

Jeremy even got in on the action and made these ornaments:



They're made from leftover bits of our upstairs project, flooring and trim and whatnot. We all think he should make these and I can sell them at the market. But I don't think he's into mass-producing crafts. =)

1 comment:

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

You are so gifted. I love that quilt! Those are the nicest Christmas gifts. So full of love.