Friday, December 11, 2009

Yellow & Blue = Green (Or, Where Aimee & Jeremy Finally Get to Insulate!)

A snowstorm moved through Tuesday and Wednesday bringing a ton of snow and much colder temperatures - hovering in the single digits for highs, and lows (plus windchill) in the negative double digits! When it's this cold outside...





...no one wants an un-insulated house!


But, we finally passed our electrical and framing inspection this week so we got to insulate. The ceiling of course was foamed over the summer. We're using recycled denim for the wall. Jeremy has made one trip per day for the last several days and picked up one giant bag of insulation per trip. Each bag fills up the whole back seat!

I guess I get pretty excited about insulation (or maybe just about getting this project moving) because it's done! I got started after 8pm last night and got a bit more than 1/3 of the way through. Then I finished this afternoon. I love looking at the bedroom side with the yellow ceiling, blue walls, and green floor!


I love the idea of house blessings so I took the opportunity to write some things in the walls before the last of the insulation went up. This is one of my favorites:


The text says:
May these walls be filled with laughter,
May it reach from floor to rafter.
May the roof keep out the rain,
May sunshine warm each windowpane.
And may the door be open wide
to let the Good Lord's love inside.


Things have been moving along this week. Jeremy also got up the sheer walls in the closet and the rest of that part (and you can see the railing we picked up this morning.)





While I was putting in insulation Jeremy went around attaching light switches and outlets. He just got the power hooked up and it's not quite working yet. Power is getting up there, but it's not getting out of the main box. So he's running around trying to solve that.

I'm just sitting around admiring the insulation. It feels warmer in here already.

No comments: