Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Bread Baker's Apprentice

Back in January or February after I succeeded in my New Year's Resolution about washing all the plastic baggies that had piled up, I thought of another resolution: making at least one recipe out of each of the cookbooks I have that I've never cooked anything out of. I think I saw someone else that had done that and I thought it was a good idea. I haven't managed to do that till now.

I got this book, The Bread Baker's Apprentice, for Christmas from Jeremy and it has some glorious looking breads in it. All the recipes call for "instant yeast" which I haven't been able to find in the store yet.

Anyway, I finally baked the Light Wheat Bread recipe last week. Fresh out of the oven, it was incredible! It wasn't quite as good a day or two later, but still quite edible. I'm excited to try some other recipes from this book...eventually.

No comments: