Friday, April 16, 2010

Famous

The news is spreading amongst friends, neighbors, relatives and complete strangers. Yes, we were in the New York Times yesterday!

One of their writers happens to live here in the cities and he was working on an article about mushrooms when he heard about the class Jeremy gave last month. He was there at the class to take some notes and came back later to interview us (well, mostly Jeremy) about all things mushroom. Several days later a very nice photographer came out and spent a couple hours taking pictures. It was all sort of surreal! And it was very interesting to be one of the interview subjects and then see how the story turned out.

Besides emails from friends and family telling us how cool this is, we've also be contacted by other folks who want to learn about mushrooms and even a graphic designer! It will be interesting to see where this notoriety takes us.

But unfortunately - we never managed to get a copy of the paper for ourselves!

8 comments:

Arika said...

Very cool :)

Ashley W said...

I just grabbed a copy of it at work, let me know if you want me to send it to you!

Aimee said...

You are the best! You can send it if you want - or we can wait till I see you in Seattle in a couple months. Just depends on if you want to keep track of it that long. =) Either way!

Jessica (your sister) said...

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins mentioned in the NY Time, do you have any idea what this is going to do to the demand?

Good picture of you btw. We would have gotten a copy of the paper if we had known in advance, although Mom might have known but since I gave her my bug she probably has been too sick to recall that she knew. Good thing it is online :-)

Aimee said...

Well, we didn't really know when the story was going to come out. We heard a rumor that it would be Thursday but we didn't know till it actually came out. I emailed mom right away, but she probably just didn't read the article and realize we were in it.

I liked the photo too. There are some others that are a bit embarrassing, but I'll post them when I get my hands on them.

And... I'm just glad MY version of PCCM are famous and not your version. ;-)

Jessica (your sister) said...

My version are famous among my friends. In fact when I give them your recipe they want to know what I do different so the muffins taste like mine. Apparently mine taste better than yours. But really, does it matter...

Karin McAdams said...

someone (you?) said the article was only in the NY edition, and our newsstand gets the national, so I wasn't so sad that they were out of it. But if your friend in Seattle found it, maybe that was misinformation. We decided that the online version was just fine, but the archivist in me still yearns for the real thing.

Aimee said...

Hmm, I don't know why it would only be in the NY edition? I'm sure other people I've talked to have seen it in the national edition. Hopefully I'll be able to round up several copies of it. =)