Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring has sprung - inside and outside

Jeremy started planting sprouts the day we got home from our visit to Kansas City. Things have started coming up!

Broccoli:



Thyme:



I think cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and the micro greens have also come up. It's been so warm this week that it feels like we should start planting outside now. But, I have to remind myself that our last frost date is still two months away!

All the warm weather has brought many things popping out of the ground including lots of tulips, poppies, peonies, and our rhubarb. As soon as I saw the little pinkish nubs emerging from the ground we dug those up and moved them to a sunnier spot.



They seem to be pretty happy.



Also sprouting are some of our raspberries:



Lots of chives:



and our cherry tree is budding! Ah spring, how I love you!

2 comments:

Frustrated Farmer Rick said...

Our cherry trees have yet to flower.

Aimee said...

Well, we don't have flowers yet either. But we have little buds so I'm sure it will be flowering soon(ish). =)