Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Another guessing game

It has been even longer since I talked about our quilt. I got the first two squares done in October as well as cutting out all the pieces. I think I sewed some of the triangles together but then other projects intervened. And, as any of you quilters know, a big quilt means a lot of monotony. Nothing like sewing 100 or so of the same pieces to each other, over and over and over - and then ironing, over and over and over. One must take breaks.

But I was inspired again after Christmas and took up the project again.





These were from last week and I've gotten farther along than that since then.

The big question now is, when will I finish it completely?

Jeremy is really hoping it will get done by the time we move upstairs (which could be as early as mid-February!) I'm not sure if that is possible, but I can quilt crazy-fast when the mood strikes.

My only goal is to get it done before August. If it turns out to look as cool as we're hoping, I'm thinking about entering it into the state fair.

So here's the guessing game: Everyone make a guess as to when you think I'll finish this thing. The person who comes closest to the date will get ... some sort of prize I'll think up later. =)

1 comment:

mom said...

Piecing, quilting and everything? My guess is end of July