So I dug through the photo archives and came up with this collection of photos instead.
Why the change, you ask? Well, it just makes more sense. This blog hasn’t been about culture shock for a long time. There isn’t much more to say about how different it is here in the Midwest, compared to the Northwest. Even if there was, I’d rather not dwell on it.
This blog has been more about cooking, preserving, sewing, keeping chickens, building root cellars, and of course building our own little homestead.
We really are just getting started, just exploring the tip of the iceberg of urban homesteading and urban farming.
In the future (this year, next year, 10 years from now, who knows) we have lots of ideas and plans:
- Jeremy wants to get goats – but first we have to convince the city to allow hoofed animals. Then we can make goat butter and goat cheese and have goat milk (for Jeremy to drink and me to use in recipes).
- Jeremy wants to get bees and make honey and beeswax candles.
- We are thinking about raising rabbits.
- Jeremy thinks a pig would be cool too, but I’m not so sure about that!
- Laundry soap
- Bar soap
- Hard apple cider
- Wooden toys
- Crates from the lathe we pulled out of the upstairs
- and more!
Thank you to all my loyal readers – lurkers and commenters alike. May this be an exciting and fulfilling New Year for you, as I hope it will be for us. Happy New Year!
(And no, I'm not going to change the url - sorry for the confusion, but I really don't want to start a whole different blog!)