Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ground cover

Most of our back and side yard looks like this:



Just bare dirt. I wanted some ground cover on this, but definitely not grass.
That first photo was April 25. I had just sprinkled white and purple clover seed on the ground.

April 29:


April 30:


Aren't they cute?!


May 18th!


The clover has been doing well and I've seeded it in several other spots. It comes back every year and can be pretty vigorous. I'm excited for our yard to look more green and less brown. I'll post some pics of the other areas when something starts growing.

3 comments:

Karin McAdams said...

I'm glad to see that. I was telling Jeremy about wanting to plant clover, and he said yours was doing well. Mine is red clover, and I just planted it yesterday. Does it need daily watering until it sprouts?

Aimee said...

I've been watering ours daily. I'm not really sure what is necessary, but the watering sure hasn't hurt. =)

Unknown said...

Suruchi Technical Textiles is a top quality producer of technical textiles.

For More Info: Geosynthetics